Indigo employs more than 100 skilled and professional staff from the fields of occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech pathology, administration, human resources, IT, marketing and finance.
Each of our dedicated staff members form an integral part of our team, which keeps customers at the heart of everything we do.
For health professionals, working at Indigo offers opportunities to use their technical skills to add value to people’s lives with the potential to work across different areas of the organisation including assistive technology, home modifications, driver assessments and more.
- South Metro Region
- Fixed Term Contract until 30 June 2021 (with potential to extend)
- Fulltime or Part-time (0.6FTE) opportunity
Indigo (formerly the Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of allied health services, training, grants, and information and advice on assistive technology. Our purpose is greater independence and inclusion for all through allied health and assistive technology solutions.
Indigo is looking to recruit a physiotherapist to support delivery of allied health services, involving work with individuals, carers, support organisations, staff and key partners to ensure optimal outcomes for individuals accessing Indigo services.
This position will provide physiotherapy services at multiple levels:
- Working with an individual to identify their needs and abilities and establish an individualised plan to optimise independence and choice
- Working with an individual to assess their assistive equipment needs and support choice making, with interventions and education to optimise outcomes.
- Supporting carers of individual through provision of strategies and education
- Capacity building of community care and disability organisations through face-to-face contact, coaching and education.
For full details on the Physiotherapist role click here
Business Analyst (CRM)
Indigo (formerly the Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of allied health services, training, grants and information and advice about assistive technology. Our purpose is greater independence and inclusion for all through allied health and assistive technology solutions.
Reporting to the Information, Communication and Technology Manager, we have a temporary vacancy for a Business Analyst. Focusing on our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system this is a varied role that involves working with our operational teams to bring more of our customer engagement processes into our CRM and reduce the manual processing that otherwise occurs.
Specific functions of the role include:
- Working with operational teams to understand current customer processes and requirements
- Reviewing those processes and developing technical blueprints to drive their best practices into our Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Evaluating options and functionality within the CRM to enable the implementation of those blueprints
- Configuring CRM and developing ‘solutions’ within the system
- Migrating the processes across and overseeing data import where needed
- Testing the new processes and resolving errors
- Migrating the solution over to the live environment and training users
- Reviewing current CRM driven processes and optimising these so as to ensure minimal duplication and redundancy of effort
- Developing data integrations across into other systems such as the finance system and Power BI (for reporting)
- Resolving bug fixes as they arise.
For full details on the Business Analyst role click here
Meet the Team
Read about what it's like to work at Indigo from our experienced, professional people, in their own words:
Tanith, Schools Team Lead
I have the opportunity to work directly with individuals and schools in the metro and some regional areas to support the use of a range of communication aids. I also get to deliver training and work with our teams to help share our knowledge and skills and develop the approaches we use to get great outcomes for the people we work with.
Cassandra, Client Services Officer (CSO) - Equipment (Hire and Demo Equipment).
My role is very diverse and can be different from day to day. It involves checking, ordering, cleaning, and coordination of all the equipment coming in and out of the Nedlands Experience Centre. I like the variety and physical aspect of moving the equipment around, I am not just at the computer eight hours a day now.
Administration and Corporate Services
These members of our team are all diverse professionals who work in the background for the most part, and each one of our people completes essential actions to keep Indigo running smoothly. While you may not meet these people on your next visit to our Experience Centre in Nedlands, they wanted to share some of their thoughts and let you know they are here, working behind the scenes and helping to make your time with us go smoothly and easily.
Gertie, Quality Risk Professional
I love being part of an organisation dedicated and committed to enabling and empowering people to live their best life. My role is quite diverse and I have been lucky enough to work on initiatives to review and develop processes which guide and support our day to day business activities. Read more about Gertie.
Andrew, Team Lead, Indigo Driving Service
I really like assisting people with a physical, medical condition or disability to return to driving with vehicle modifications. I love being able to help people to continue to drive and maintain independence in their life, when they may have thought it was not possible. A diagnosis does not necessarily mean cessation of driving. Whilst maintaining a drivers’ licence is not possible for all, it brings me joy to see people to continue to drive and live an independent life when safe to do so.