Indigo employs more than 100 skilled and professional staff from the fields of occupational therapy, physiotherapy, speech pathology, administration, human resources, IT, marketing and finance.
Each of our dedicated staff members form an integral part of our team, which keeps customers at the heart of everything we do.
For health professionals, working at Indigo offers opportunities to use their technical skills to add value to people’s lives with the potential to work across different areas of the organisation including assistive technology, home modifications, driver assessments and more.
- Rewarding work in rehabilitation and disability
- Perth Metro Based
- Generous salary packaging
Indigo (formerly the Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of allied health services, training, grants, and information and advice on assistive technology. Our purpose is greater independence and inclusion for all through allied health and assistive technology solutions.
We offer Occupational Therapy Driving Assessment, driving rehabilitation and specialised driver training to people with a medical condition or disability. The Driving Instructor will conduct lessons in an automatic vehicle fitted with dual controls and vehicle modifications.
This is a full-time role working within the Occupational Therapist Driving Assessment (OTDA) Team. The role is fixed term to 30 June 2021 with view to extension. The role includes the following responsibilities:
- Support the driver trained occupational therapist in the driving assessment process.
- Deliver on road instruction that will enable drivers from a diverse background to gain the knowledge they require to be safe and proficient drivers on Australian Roads.
- Conduct driving rehabilitation and training to drivers, including planning of lessons, that align with Department of Transport Competency Standards.
- Ensure consistent delivery of the highest level of customer service.
- Conduct any relevant administrative functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Contribute to the performance of the team by displaying a positive and enthusiastic attitude, showing support and involvement in all activities.
- Participate in industry training programs to ensure teaching practices remain contemporary and relevant to delivering world’s best driver training.
Marketing and Events Officer
Indigo (formerly the Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of allied health services, training, grants and information about assistive technology. Our purpose is greater independence and inclusion for all through allied health and assistive technology solutions.
This varied role presents an opportunity for a motivated individual to offer fresh ideas and increase enquiries, engagement and brand awareness. Ideally you will have 3+ years’ experience in a similar marketing role, with a proven track record of multi-tasking and generating results in brand engagement and lead generation.
This role works across Indigo (Nedlands) and its sponsored subsidiary, Independent Living Assessment (Osborne Park). The purpose of this role is to provide high quality marketing communications, events and sponsorship support to both businesses. The Marketing and Events Officer:
- Identifies, organises and attends appropriate sponsorship and event opportunities
- Collaborates with the Marketing Manager to develop and execute marketing, events and activities and helps to achieve marketing’s strategic business goals and deliverables.
- Plans, budgets and coordinates Indigo staff attendance at expos and events
- Copywriting, editing and proofing marketing and communication material
- Occasional travel to regional areas maybe required
For full details on the Marketing and Event officer role click here
Meet the Team
Read about what it's like to work at Indigo from our experienced, professional people, in their own words:
Cassandra, Client Services Officer (CSO) - Equipment (Hire and Demo Equipment).
My role is very diverse and can be different from day to day. It involves checking, ordering, cleaning, and coordination of all the equipment coming in and out of the Nedlands Experience Centre. I like the variety and physical aspect of moving the equipment around, I am not just at the computer eight hours a day now.
Administration and Corporate Services
These members of our team are all diverse professionals who work in the background for the most part, and each one of our people completes essential actions to keep Indigo running smoothly. While you may not meet these people on your next visit to our Experience Centre in Nedlands, they wanted to share some of their thoughts and let you know they are here, working behind the scenes and helping to make your time with us go smoothly and easily.
Gertie, Quality Risk Professional
I love being part of an organisation dedicated and committed to enabling and empowering people to live their best life. My role is quite diverse and I have been lucky enough to work on initiatives to review and develop processes which guide and support our day to day business activities. Read more about Gertie.
Andrew, Team Lead, Indigo Driving Service
I really like assisting people with a physical, medical condition or disability to return to driving with vehicle modifications. I love being able to help people to continue to drive and maintain independence in their life, when they may have thought it was not possible. A diagnosis does not necessarily mean cessation of driving. Whilst maintaining a drivers’ licence is not possible for all, it brings me joy to see people to continue to drive and live an independent life when safe to do so.
Christa, General Manager - Service Delivery, Assistive Equipment Service
It’s a dynamic role which allows me to use my problem solving abilities and meet different challenges together with the Executive Team...No two days are alike. My focus is to ensure that we are delivering a cost effective and high-quality service for all our customers, specifically tailored to their individual requirements. Read more about Christa under Our People.