- Exciting opportunity for a therapist to work with a diverse range of clients in NDIS sector and make a meaningful impact in the world of disability support
- A great place to work with a professional and supportive team
Indigo (formerly Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of assistive technology (AT), home modifications, therapy, and training. We provide tailored allied health and AT solutions to people with disability, seniors, carers, health professionals, and educators. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all.
Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Allied Health Assistants and a fantastic support team focused on delivering and bringing to life our company’s core values of Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Together. If you want to join a team that is professional, supportive, flexible and fun then look no further! We empower our clinicians to excel in their role and deliver high quality client centred care.
- Assessment and prescription of assistive technology and/or home modifications to facilitate independence, safety and well-being.
- Functional capacity assessments.
- Conducting home assessments, schools based work and onsite appointments at our Experience Centre in Nedlands.
- Consult with and advise customers, carers, health professionals, stakeholders and service providers on assistive technology, equipment, home modifications.
- Prepare professional reports and equipment funding applications with consideration to relevant standards and providing clinical reasoning and recommendations on assistive technology, home modifications and related therapy services.
- Researching and reviewing assistive technology including supplier liaison, trial of equipment and researching evidence-based best practice.
- Providing assistive technology education and training to external stakeholders as required.
- Contributing to the development of the service, raise opportunities for innovation and ensure clinical best practice in service delivery.
- A passion for providing person centred supports
- A strong interest and desire to develop skills regarding AT assessment and prescription.
- Knowledge of and willingness to up-skill in home modification assessment.
- NDIS sector knowledge, advanced interpersonal, presentational and communication skills.
- Advanced ICT skills (including use of databases and Microsoft Office suite applications).
- The ability to work with individuals, care givers, health professionals and other staff within a consultative and collaborative environment to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Minimum 3 years' work experience with assistive technologies
- Rewarding work and being part of a “Valued based” organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
- Ongoing clinical support and professional development
- Generous salary packaging, up to an additional $18,549 tax free FBT (including the ability to package relocation expenses for those eligible)
- True work life balance with additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
- Flexible work arrangements
- Permanent full time and part time (min 0.6 FTE) opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination and fun active social committee
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
Register your interest today by clicking apply and providing your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
- Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- View full position description - Occupational Therapist - NDIS
- Contact Amanda Saleem at email@example.com to discuss the specifics of the position.
Short listing will commence immediately, along with interviewing. We thank you for your interest in Indigo and reserve the right to fill the position before the close date.
A NDIS Worker Screening Check and Current First Aid certification and WA Drivers Licence is a pre-requisite for this position at Indigo.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
Values: Passion, Integrity, Creativity, TogetherWe value our people at Indigo and strive to have a positive and adaptive culture, one that aligns with our values; so cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest and taking the time to apply for this position at Indigo.