- Exciting opportunity for a therapist with special interest in AAC and Assistive Technology
- Established and reputable Organisation
- A great place to work with a professional and supportive team
Indigo (formerly Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of assistive technology (AT), home modifications, therapy, and training. We provide tailored allied health and AT solutions to people with disability, seniors, carers, health professionals, and educators. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all.
Indigo has an exciting opportunity for a Speech Pathologist to join our Disability Services team to provide services for NDIS participants, delivery of training and work in Schools.
The Speech Pathologist works with individuals, carers, organisations, and key partners to ensure optimal outcomes for people accessing Indigo’s services. This will be achieved through providing expert advice, training, assessment, prescription, and implementation of assistive technology, with a particular focus on augmentative and alternative communication (AAC).
- Registration with Speech Pathology Australia, a desirable 5 years’ experience
- Clinical experience in the application of best practice in AAC and discipline specific AT
- High standard of communication, problem solving, and initiative
- Demonstrated proficiency in ICT – databases, data analysis, and Office Suite
- Consultative and collaborative working style with ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ongoing support, mentorship, and professional development – we have a mentorship program in place
- Generous salary packaging, up to an additional $18,549 tax free FBT (including the ability to package relocation expenses for those eligible)
- True work life balance with additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Part-time position (0.6-0.8 FTE) or up to fulltime
- Initial Fixed Term contract with view to further extension
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
Register your interest today by clicking apply and providing your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
- Apply via SEEK
- View full position description - Speech Pathologist - AAC and Assistive Technology
- Contact Ashley Harling on email@example.com to discuss the position further
Applications close Friday 2nd June.
Short listing will commence immediately, along with interviewing. We thank you for your interest in Indigo and reserve the right to fill the position before the close date.
A NDIS Worker Screening Check and Current First Aid certification is a pre-requisite for this position at Indigo.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
Values: Passion, Integrity, Creativity, TogetherWe value our people at Indigo and strive to have a positive and adaptive culture, one that aligns with our values; so cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest and taking the time to apply for this position at Indigo.