Assistive technology (devices and equipment) provides practical solutions to support daily living activities.
Indigo’s experienced team has been working with people to achieve their goals with assistive technology solutions for over 40 years.
We are passionate about working with individuals to select, trial and source the best assistive technology solutions for their circumstances.
What is Assistive Technology?
Assistive technology includes any device, software program or system that provides practical solutions to support daily living activities.
Types of assistive technology include:
- Emergency call systems and GPS locators
- Wheelchairs and mobility scooters
- Showering, toileting and dressing aids
- Kitchen equipment
- Seating, beds and mattresses
- Hoists and transfer aids
- Vehicle modifications
- Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) options
- Tablets, apps and smartphones
- Equipment to access the computer
- Smart home technology
- Software, apps and gadgets
Assistive technology could support you to:
- Prepare your own meals and eat or drink independently
- Participate, learn and communicate
- Stay connected
- Move around your home and community
- Manage your own personal care such as bathing or dressing
- Use your computer, tablet or phone
- Participate in sports and other recreational activities
- Control your appliances such as your TV and lights
- Undertake daily tasks safely
- Be more independent in your own home and when out and about
If you are looking at assistive technology options, there are many factors to consider including your individual abilities, the environmentin which you will use it, and what you want to achieve.
At Indigo, we can work with you to select, trial and source assistive technology.