The CHSP helps senior Australians access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home.
CHSP works with you to maintain your independence rather than doing things for you.
People who are eligible for funding through the CHSP may be able to access the following Indigo services.
Allied Health ServicesOur physiotherapists or occupational therapists may be able to support you and your carer to:
- Increase your independence and safety with daily activities such as showering, dressing and preparing meals
- Reduce your risk of falls and improve your strength and balance
- Access your community and participate in social activities
- Manage memory loss or chronic disease
Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology (GEAT) Service
The GEAT service assists individuals to access basic assistive technology and equipment.
We can help you to select and purchase suitable equipment items that will help you to perform daily tasks and maintain your independence.
Items covered include basic and essential equipment such as:
- Dressing aids
- Shower chairs
- Sensor mats
- Over-toilet frames
- Walking frames
- Adapted utensils
- Low vision aids
Home Modifications (selected WA regions)
Indigo provides home modifications services for eligible people living in the South West Metropolitan Perth area, as well as the South West, Pilbara, Kimberley, Midwest, Goldfields and Great Southern regions.
Home modifications are designed to increase or maintain your independence, safety, accessibility and wellbeing.
Home modifications can include:
- Rail installation
- Ramps and doorway wedges
- Slip resistant flooring
- Re-positioning of clotheslines and letterboxes
- Installation of lever tap sets and door handles
- More complex activities (bathroom or kitchen redesign and widening doorways)
Our team can help guide you through the CHSP services and supports available through Indigo and connect you to funding you may be eligible for.
More information about services and supports available through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can be found here or by phoning My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.
Providers to the Commonwealth Home Support Program are asked to collect a client contribution from individual when delivering approved services under the program.
The purpose for client contributions is to ensure those who can afford to contribute to the cost of their care do so, whilst
protecting those most vulnerable.
The process follows practice principles set out by the Commonwealth Government, including consistency in application, transparency collection and provision for hardship considerations.
Client contribution advisement and collection process
- Advise all clients of contributions amounts according to their service at the initial telephone conversation. Payment can be made at this time via Credit card or electronic bank transfer
- Ensure the fees are determined in a way that is transparent, and fair
- Review fee reductions in the case of hardship
- Undertake not to deny any service to clients due to inability to pay
We ask you to:
- Provide prompt payment for services
- Advise us if you are unable to pay a contribution and provide us the opportunity to consider hardship fee reduction.
Any clients unable to pay at the point of initial phone contact with Indigo will be provided with an alternative payment option or opportunity to apply for hardship consideration.
To find out more about the Commonwealth Government CHSP Client contribution framework, click here.