The CHSP helps senior Australians access entry-level support services to live independently and safely at home.
CHSP works with you to maintain your independence rather than doing things for you.
People who are eligible for funding through the CHSP may be able to access the following Indigo services.
Allied Health ServicesOur physiotherapists or occupational therapists may be able to support you and your carer to:
- Increase your independence and safety with daily activities such as showering, dressing and preparing meals
- Reduce your risk of falls and improve your strength and balance
- Access your community and participate in social activities
- Manage memory loss or chronic disease
Goods, Equipment and Assistive Technology (GEAT) Service
The GEAT service assists individuals to access basic assistive technology and equipment.
We can help you to select and purchase suitable equipment items that will help you to perform daily tasks and maintain your independence.
Items covered include basic and essential equipment such as:
- Dressing aids
- Shower chairs
- Sensor mats
- Over-toilet frames
- Walking frames
- Adapted utensils
- Low vision aids
Home Modifications (Regional WA)
Indigo provides home modifications services for eligible people living in the Pilbara, Kimberley, Midwest, Goldfields and Great Southern regions.
Home modifications are designed to increase or maintain your independence, safety, accessibility and wellbeing.
Home modifications can include:
- Rail installation
- Ramps and doorway wedges
- Slip resistant flooring
- Re-positioning of clotheslines and letterboxes
- Installation of lever tap sets and door handles
- More complex activities (bathroom or kitchen redesign and widening doorways)
Our team can help guide you through the CHSP services and supports available through Indigo and connect you to funding you may be eligible for.
More information about services and supports available through the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can be found here or by phoning My Aged Care on 1800 200 422.