Other ways you are welcome to provide feedback include:
- By phoning our team on 1300 885 886
- Face-to-face to a member of our team
- Write a letter to us at:
Details you may like to include in your letter are:
- your name, address and phone number
- the date you are lodging your complaint or feedback
- details of your complaint or feedback, including specific dates of events and relevant comments
- the name of the service your complaint or feedback relates to
- the name of the person who received the service that your complaint or feedback relates to
Charter of Aged Care Rights
In July 2019, a new Charter of Aged Care Rights came into effect. It replaced previous charters of care recipients' rights and responsibilities. The charter provides the same rights to all consumers, regardless of the type of Australian Government funded aged care and services they may receive.
The charter outlines consumers' rights, including the right to dignity and respect, the right to exercise choice and independence, including making decisions about their own care and the way care and services are delivered to enable consumers to live the life they choose.
This resource is available in 18 different languages: Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Dutch, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Macedonian, Maltese, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. Access translated versions here.