If you have complex communication needs, our speech pathologists can work with you to determine a suitable communication system or solution, enabling you to participate in daily activities, learn and achieve more independence.
Our speech pathologists offer targeted support for Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) assessment, training and intervention.
AAC is a way of communicating that enhances or replaces speech.
AAC systems can assist people who cannot speak, or have difficulty with speech, to develop language skills and have a voice of their own.
Our speech pathologists have up-to-date knowledge of current innovations in mainstream technology and dedicated communication devices such as:
Alternative access options - eye gaze, switch access and partner assisted scanning
Non-electronic communication aids - communication books and boards
Electronic communication aids - iPad apps for communication, dedicated communication devices and single message, sequenced message and static display communication aids
Our speech pathologists offer:
- Information and Advice Consultations: one to two hours and includes an appointment with the relevant health professionals, access to a range of assistive technology options for trial and viewing floor; advice on the most suitable options and provision of supplier details.
- AAC assessment and prescription
- Access to our hire service so you can trial equipment prior to purchasing it
- Communication device set up
- Programming and troubleshooting
- Follow up AAC intervention at home, school, work or in the community
- Support with completing assistive technology funding applications within the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
For more information about the services our Speech Pathologists may be able to offer please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 08 9381 0600.
Services for Schools
Our speech pathologists have experience working with the latest assistive technology and communication aids in schools to help students participate, learn and communicate.
We have experience working with students with a range of learning difficulties and disabilities including dyslexia, autism, cerebral palsy and intellectual disability.
Our team offers support to schools in:
- Access to the curriculum and communication systems
- Literacy support technology
- Educational software and apps
- Life skills
Whatever your goals are, our experienced speech pathologists are passionate about working with you to achieve them.
Visit the Schools page for more information about the services we offer for schools.