At Indigo we assist people who have difficulty communicating due to:
- Learning or intellectual disability
- Acquired brain injury
- Developmental delays
- Cerebral palsy
- Dementia; and
- Hearing loss; and
- Other conditions that can affect speech and language.
Read more about speech pathologists on Speech Pathology Australia.
What we know
We keep in the know about the latest innovations in:
- Alternative access options: eye gaze technology, switch access and partner assisted scanning
- Non-electronic communication aids: communication books and boards.
- Electronic communication aids: iPad apps for communication, dedicated communication devices and single message, sequenced message and static display communication aids.
Book in with us
When you book in with one of our speech pathologists, you can have a one off appointment or ongoing support, which costs approximately $193 per hour. It includes access to different devices and technology to trial and we can cover:
- Advice about the most suitable options.
- Assessment and prescription of devices.
- Setting up a communication device (hardware and software).
- Programming and troubleshooting communication devices.
- Ongoing support at home, school, work or in the community.
- Hire equipment for a trial before you commit to a purchase (additional charges).
- Support with completing technology funding applications with the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
Services for Schools
We work in schools aross WA, helping teachers and support staff with the latest technology and communication aids to assist literacy goals and increase student participation, communication and learning.
How we can help
We can support your school with:
- Literacy support technology
- Access to the curriculum and communication systems
- Educational software and apps
- Life skills
- Training sessions.
Whatever your goals are, we are passionate about working with you to achieve them.