Key Word Sign (KWS) Basic Workshop is a full day, interactive workshop held at Indigo's Nedlands office or upon request at an external location. The workshop is for anyone who supports, works with, or interacts with someone who experiences communication difficulties.
The workshop provides plenty of opportunities to practice KWS, with workshop content covering:
- The principles of Key Word Sign
- How sign supports communication
- Who signing is used with
- Learn finger spelling and Interactive Sign Vocabulary 1 and 2
- Use sign and gesture in everyday activities
- How to support others to learn Key Word Sign.
Scope’s Getting Started with Key Word Sign (Auslan Edition) booklet is included in registration. The booklet features more than 100 words – each with a clear line drawing and a written description.
- Capacity Building Supports
- Improved Daily Living Skills
Download Key Word Sign (KWS) Flyer
To find out when the next KWS workshop is being run please visit the Events Calendar or to enquire about booking a KWS group workshop contact our Training Lead on 08 9381 0600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org