Indigo is committed to respecting your privacy by complying with our obligations under Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
Indigo collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes including:
- To be able to identify our service users
- To communicate with our service users about our services
- To provide services to our service users
- To evaluate and improve our services
- To meet statistical and reporting requirements.
What information do we collect about you?
Indigo may request the following personal and sensitive information from you, in order to provide you with specialist services. Your consent will be sought before any information is collected and held by Indigo.
If you are not able to provide us with the personal information we have requested, this may prevent us from being able to assist you fully or provide you with the specialist services you are seeking from our organisation.
How do we collect personal information?
Indigo will attempt to collect your personal information from you directly (for example, over the phone, via email or in person if you visit us in person).
Sometimes it may be necessary for us to collect your personal information from a third party (for example, your carer, family member, health professional or general practitioner), but only with your consent.
Providing Indigo with personal information about someone else
If you are making an enquiry or referral on behalf of another person, then you should only do so if you have their consent to provide us with their personal information. Please share this Privacy Statement with the person concerned, before sharing their personal information.
How is personal information stored and secured?
Indigo holds your personal information in electronic databases and some paper files held in secure systems and locked premises.
We take reasonable steps to:
- Maintain your personal information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant
- Protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or accidental disclosure
- Destroy or permanently de-identify any personal information that is no longer needed for any purpose that is permitted by the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act.
Sharing your personal information
Indigo employees will not disclose your personal information with a third party, including overseas recipients without your consent.
How do I access and update my personal information?
If you wish to access your personal information or you believe the information Indigo has about you is inaccurate, not up-to-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us via one of the methods listed below.
How do I make a complaint?
If you believe we have not handled your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1998, Australian Privacy Principles, please get in touch with us.
Mail: Indigo, The Niche, Suite A, 11 Aberdare Road, Nedlands WA 6009
Phone: 1300 885 886 or (08) 9381 0600