The Equipment to Support Mealtime Safety and Independence workshop runs for two hours and is co-presented by an Indigo Occupational Therapist and Speech Pathologist.
Participants will learn about equipment to support clients with a range of skills and abilities, to be safer and more independent at mealtimes, and get to touch and experience demonstrated equipment/devices in the Indigo Experience Centre's specially modified kitchen.
- Awareness of positioning supports and considerations for mealtime positioning.
- Awareness of Assistive Technology to support safe and independent eating and drinking
- Awareness of Assistive Technology available to support more independent meal preparation
- Awareness of equipment for Oral Care Awareness of resources for trialing equipment
- Awareness of the importance of communicating equipment recommendations