Are you starting work in the disability sector?
New to working with AAC (Augmentative and Alternative Communication)?
Getting more referrals for clients with little, no speech or speech that’s difficult to understand?
The AAC in Practice is a six week workshop series, held at Indigo's Nedlands office or upon request at an external location. Delivered by an experienced Indigo Speech Pathologist, each week builds on the next to consolidate learning and includes video examples, practical and take-home activities.
- Explain the purpose of AAC
- Identify clients who may benefit from AAC interventions
- Assess and prescribe AAC
- Set SMART and family-centered goals for AAC
- Demonstrate use of key intervention strategies including aided language stimulation and the use of prompts and cues
- Access professional support network