Talking Mats Foundation Training
What is Talking Mats?
Talking Mats is an interactive, research-based tool that helps people express their opinions, ideas and preferences about a topic or issue. It can help people with Complex Communication Needs (CCN) improve the quality of their contributions when making decisions about their life.
Features of the Workshop
- The Talking Mats training is delivered in two x half day in-person sessions, by an accredited trainer for up to eight participants.
- Session 1: Monday 7 February 2021, 9am-12.30pm
- Session 2: Monday 14 March 2021, 9am-12.30pm
- All participants who attend official Talking Mats training will be registered with Talking Mats in Scotland.
- You will also benefit when purchasing resources, by receiving special pricing for holding a Certificate in Talking Mats.
- Learn how to implement Talking Mats to structure client conversations to gather their views and opinions
- Learn how to evaluate appropriateness and effectiveness of Talking Mats
- Learn how to reflect on your own communication and evaluate your own ongoing implementation of Talking Mats to ensure validity
- Learn how to personalise Talking Mats to your own setting.
Talking Mats Training can be funded in an NDIS plan under the following line items:
- Capacity Building Supports
- Improved Daily Living Skills