AAC in Practice - Hit the ground running!
Are you starting work in the disability sector? New to working with AAC? Getting more referrals for clients with little or no speech?
Indigo is pleased to offer the latest iteration of our popular and practical 6 part workshop series for Speech Pathologists who are new to the field of AAC, and Speech Pathology Graduates.
These workshops are designed to give you confidence, practical strategies and resources to work with clients with AAC needs and their support teams.The 6 week series will involve information sessions, video examples, practical activities and take away activities each week to consolidate learning.
This training is designed for Speech Pathologists new to working with clients with AAC needs and Speech Pathology Graduates.
You will learn about:
- The ‘why’ of AAC, and which clients may benefit from AAC strategies
- AAC assessment and goal setting
- AAC prescription
- Intervention strategies and practice opportunities
- Getting families and teams on board
- Access to resources, support and ways to stay up to date with AAC
You will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of AAC
- Identify clients who may benefit from AAC interventions
- Assess and prescribe AAC
- Set SMART and family centred goals for AAC
- Demonstrate use of key intervention strategies including aided language stimulation and the use of prompts and cues
- Access professional support network
This series is run over 6 weeks, every Monday evening (except the break week on 9th of November) from 5pm to 7pm in The Niche Conference Room
The dates are: 19th October, 26th October, 2nd November, 16th November, 23rd November and 30th November
Registration and ticket price covers attendance for the series of 6 workshops. Registrations are available until 9am Thursday 15th October.
This workshop sells out fast so get in quick while you can.