- Exciting opportunity for a therapist with special interest Assistive Technology
- Part time (min 0.6 FTE) and full time positions available
- Research and review Assistive Technology including trail of equipment and supplier liaison.
- A great place to work with a professional and supportive team
Indigo (formerly Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of assistive technology (AT), home modifications, therapy, and training. We provide tailored allied health and AT solutions to people with disability, seniors, carers, health professionals, and educators. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all.
Our multidisciplinary team is comprised of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Speech Pathologists, Allied Health Assistants and a fantastic support team focused on delivering and bringing to life our company’s core values of Passion, Integrity, Creativity and Together. If you want to join a team that is professional, supportive, flexible and fun then look no further! We empower our clinicians to excel in their role and deliver high quality client centred care.
Part time (minimum 0.6 FTE i.e 3 day equivalent) and full time positions available .
- Researching and reviewing AT including supplier liaison, trial of equipment and researching evidence-based best practice.
- Writing concise and informative descriptions of products on equipment databases.
- Providing phone-based support, advice and prescription of AT to clients, service providers and health professionals.
- Completing follow-up phone calls for clients post-delivery of equipment and referring clients for further services where indicated.
- Providing education to service providers and health professionals on assistive technology.
- Contributing to the development of the service, raise opportunities for innovation and ensure clinical best practice in service delivery.
- A strong interest and knowledge in AT
- Sound knowledge of the Aged Care and Disability sector
- Advanced interpersonal, presentational and communication skills
- Advanced ICT skills (including use of databases and Microsoft Office suite applications)
- The ability to work with individuals, care givers, health professionals and other staff within a consultative and collaborative environment to achieve positive outcomes for clients.
- Rewarding work and being part of a “Valued based” organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
- Ongoing support, mentorship, and professional development – we have a mentorship program in place
- Generous salary packaging, up to an additional $18,549 tax free FBT (including the ability to package relocation expenses for those eligible)
- True work life balance with additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
- Flexible work arrangements, including the option to work from home
- Fulltime and part time opportunities on a permanent basis
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination, EAP support and fun active social committee
WHAT ARE YOUR NEXT STEPS?
Register your interest today by clicking apply and providing your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
- Apply via SEEK
- View full position description - Occupational Therapist – Information & Advice Assistive Technologies
- Contact Caroline Eaton at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the specifics of the position.
Applications close Sunday 18th June.
Short listing will commence immediately, along with interviewing. We thank you for your interest in Indigo and reserve the right to fill the position before the close date.
A NDIS Worker Screening Check and Current First Aid certification is a pre-requisite for this position at Indigo.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply. No agency applications at this time.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact email@example.com
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
Values: Passion, Integrity, Creativity, TogetherWe value our people at Indigo and strive to have a positive and adaptive culture, one that aligns with our values; so cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill and experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest and taking the time to apply for this position at Indigo.