- Initial Fixed-term Contract
- Commencing ASAP
- Location – South West of WA
- Part-time, flexible hours (full-time opportunity if preferred)
- Salary packaging of up to an additional $18,549 p.a. tax free
- Additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) & ability to purchase additional leave
Indigo (formally Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading provider of Assistive technology (devices and equipment), home modifications, therapy, driving, and professional education. We provide tailored allied health and AT solutions to people with disability, seniors, carers, health professionals and educators. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all.
Occupational Therapists (OT) working at Indigo provide professional advice, services and support in Assistive Technology and Home Modification assessment and prescription, and Allied Health Therapy Services (including to CHSP and NDIS clients). This role will be varied, working in CHSP with opportunities across other program areas. The role is based in the Southwest (Busselton) region and duties may include:
- Provision of advice, assessment and prescription of AT, home modifications (CHSP eligible clients), wellness and reablement
- Undertake person-centred assessments that identify the customers' functional capacity, strengths and lifestyle goals and develop a holistic, individualised person-centred therapy plan in partnership with the customer and their carer.
- Building capacity of individuals, carers, and other health professionals to support choice in the understanding and use of AT
- Review and assessment of home modification and equipment funding applications and preparation of professional reports and applications as required
- Assist with coordination of referrals, planning, delivery, and evaluation.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, dynamic, and innovative Occupational Therapist. They will be highly organised and have a passion to work within the aged care sector. Demonstration of a high standard of communication, problem-solving and initiative are essential, as are time management skills.
The therapist will have sound clinical expertise, preferably with some experience/knowledge in AT and/or aged care. The role will be well-supported from our Nedlands office with an in-depth induction program. There are also opportunities to work across other program areas such as NDIS if this is an interest area for the applicant.
- Valued based organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
- Ongoing support, training, and professional development
- Generous salary packaging, up to an additional $18,549 tax free p.a.
- Additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your immediate family
- Initial 12-month fixed term contract with view to further extension
- A great place to work!
WHAT'S YOUR NEXT STEP?
TO APPLY on Seek
Register your interest today by submitting your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
We encourage you to contact Linda Tran, Allied Health Manager, (08) 9381 0638 or email@example.com, to discuss the specifics of the position. Send your applications in, we are ready to interview now!
ViewIndigo - Occupational Therapist - PD - Level 5-7-SW
A valid police check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, First Aid Certification and COVID-19 vaccination is a pre-requisite for this position at Indigo.
*Please note applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed.
No agency applications at this time.
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
Values: Passion, Integrity, Creativity, Together
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace and encourage all diversity groups to apply . If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We value our people at Indigo and strive to have a positive and adaptive culture, one that aligns with our values; so cultural fit is just as important to us as qualifications, technical skill and experience.