Indigo (formally Independent Living Centre WA) is a leading WA provider of Occupational Therapy services. Indigo provides services to people with disability of all ages, including Assistive technology, home modifications, driving and professional education. Through our customer-centric services we aim to achieve greater independence and inclusion for all.
Located in Nedlands, Indigo is a well-established provider of Occupational Therapy Driver Assessment services (OTDA), providing services to over 1,000 customers each year since 2008. The team of experienced driver trained Occupational Therapists complete driving assessments, rehabilitation and prescription of vehicle modification, working closely with NDIS and aged care customers to meet their individual driving goals. In addition to driving assessments, Indigo also provides in-house specialised driving lessons and has two dual-controlled modified vehicles.
An exciting and rare opportunity now exists at Indigo for an experienced Occupational Therapy Driver Assessor to lead Indigo’s driving team. The full time OTDA team leader is responsible for providing a high level of clinical expertise to enable them to complete assessments related to driving, driving rehabilitation and vehicle modifications. They are also responsible for overseeing the day to day management and delivery of the OTDA service.
The duties may include:
- Comprehensive assessment of medical fitness to drive with the focus on impact of disability or medical condition on driving.
- Provision of expert advice, assessment and prescription of assistive technology related to driving, including vehicle modifications including wheelchair accessible vehicle (WAV).
- Assessment of first-time drivers and the development of driving rehabilitation programs.
- To determine fitness to hold a commercial licence, including heavy vehicles.
- Building capacity of individuals, carers, and other health professionals to support choice in the understanding of alternatives to driving.
- Completion of OTDA reports and NDIS vehicle modification applications.
- A sound knowledge of National Competency Standards for Occupational Therapy driver assessment, Austroads Medical Standards for licensing and Department of Transport Licensing Standards to deliver best practice driver assessment and rehabilitation services.
- Day to day management and supervision of Occupational Therapy staff and driving instructors within the team.
- Oversee clinical service delivery and unsure KPI targets are met.
- The promotion and development of service, including the development of educational materials and resources.
- Ensure high standard of service delivery and quality improvements.
- Provides clinical leadership, expert knowledge and support to Occupational Therapists, driving instructors and students.
- Assist with coordination of referrals, planning and delivery of service.
- To work with service manager to deliver and evaluate service.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, dynamic, and innovative OT, ready to drive change and make positive impacts in the community. They will demonstrate experience as a driver trained OT, have a high standard of communication, problem-solving and time management skills.
The therapist will have sound clinical expertise, and a minimum of 6 years post-graduate experience with an interest and experience in driving. Previous experience in driving assessment is essential, along with rehabilitation, assistive technology and home modifications experience being highly regarded. This is an exciting opportunity for a driver trained OT with previous team leadership experience or for someone who wishes to further develop these additional managerial skills, working within a well-established OTDA service.
Start your engines and apply for this great career opportunity today!
Some benefits of working at Indigo are:
- Valued based organisation – making a difference in people’s lives
- True work life balance with additional 3.5 days leave (pro-rata) / ability to purchase additional leave.
- Health & Well-being Program including flu vaccination and EAP support and fun active social committee
- Ongoing support, mentoring, and professional development
- Competitive industry salary and generous salary packaging options (up to $15,900 in general living expenses and $2,650 in meals and entertainment).
We encourage candidates from other states to apply, relocation allowance available for the right candidate.
WHAT'S YOUR NEXT STEP?
Apply via SEEK
Register your interest today by submitting your curriculum vitae and a cover letter, addressing how you meet the work-related requirements (in no more than 2 pages).
We encourage you to contact Linda Tran at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the specifics of the position
Applications close 20th May 2022.
short listing will commence immediately, with the intent to commence interviewing for shortlisted candidates week commencing 27th May.
Valid police check, NDIS Worker Screening Check, Current First Aid certification and COVID-19 vaccination is a pre-requisite for this position at Indigo. Exemptions to vaccine considered on a case-by-case basis.
*Please note applications that do not comply with the application instructions will not be considered.
Only those with the right to live & work in Australia need apply.
No agency applications at this time.
We promote and support diversity and inclusion in our workplace. If you require any additional support during the recruitment/interview phase, please contact email@example.com
Mission: We strive towards our mission of a community in which all abilities are valued, where people have the knowledge, tools, and confidence to participate.
Values: Passion, Integrity, Creativity, Together
We thank you for your interest in Indigo and will respond to all candidates.